The Fair Lawn Bible Church was chartered on September 5, 1930 as the First Baptist Church of Fair Lawn, and on the same day elected Mr. Henry R. Luce, Mr. Lucas Kuiken, and Mr. Nicholas Roper as trustees. Since its inception, the church has been, and continues to be, an independent fellowship holding forth the orthodox fundamentals of the historic Christian faith derived from the confidence that the Bible is the Divinely inspired, inerrant Word of God.
The name of the church was changed to the present one on June 2, 1953. The church emphasizes the necessity of a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and the spreading of the gospel message throughout the entire world.
In 1971 the church completed its first building expansion program which added Sunday School classrooms, a spacious choir loft, as well as increased seating capacity in the church. A
long desired steeple was installed in memory of Mrs. Emil Hoefle.
from "Fair Lawn Bible Church" Fair Lawn:50 Years of Progress, 1974